New! All Over the Map!

Palin parody The Capitol Steps perform every week in Washington, DC and around the country.
We have public shows coming up in Georgia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Read more... and see exactly how we can be in so many places at once!


Read the Reviews!

New! "Capitol Steps make politics fun again" — review from The O'Colly.

"A machine gun of comedy" — review from DC Theatre Scene.

"Outrageously funny"Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts.

"Superb Political Satire" — review from the Huffington Post

"No One is Safe" — review from the Berkshire Eagle

"Great place to go on a date...Fair and balanced." — review from DC Metro Arts.


Flip Your Words

Lirty Dies Lirty Dies follows a great political tradition: You're not quite sure what you're hearing, and we're not quite sure what we're saying. If you'd like to follow along, you can read and hear many more Lirty Dies on our site. Or watch us live on YouTube.


See Us on YouTube

Dennis Rodman in North Korea You can get inside info on North Korea from Dennis Rodman, or you can get it from us. See scenes from live performances on our YouTube channel.


Group Discounts

Capitol Steps Live on Stage Save money by attending as a group! Discounts for groups of 10 or more are offered for the Reagan Building performances in Washington, DC!
Read more...


Best Comedy Year Ever?!

BBC World Service Listen to this recent BBC interview with co-founder Elaina Newport.


Re-Elected!

Thank you for voting the Capitol Steps as the "Best Place To Take an Out-of-Towner" in Washington City Paper's 2015 Readers' Poll.


Say it Ain't So!

Rita Jenrette Our name was taken from a racy Washington scandal of the time we began, in 1981. Just recently, former congressional wife Rita Jenrette spoke out and denied the legend, 30 years later! We're sticking with her original story.


Info, Please!

If you're interested in hiring, interviewing, or indicting the Capitol Steps, turn to our media kit for graphics, clippings, awards, performance details and more.


Sign up for our mailing list to hear about upcoming events and albums.


We put the MOCK in Democracy!

Week of September 26

Donald Trump has a very, very simple message for voters. As a master of reality TV, he won't let it get lost in the debate.

From the album What to Expect When You're Electing (2016).


Week of September 19

It takes more than a little pneumonia to knock Hillary off her stride. Not some minor illness, and not even some botched campaigning. If she could keep herself going after blowing it in 2008, a few terrible poll numbers probably won't discourage her now.

From the album Obama Mia! (2009).


Week of September 12

Campaigns have long been filled with accusations and innuendo. It's hard to keep the facts straight amid all the self-serving deception and outright lies. Now it's almost time for you to go out and vote. Time for the country to pick a new leader. And time for a little straight talk about this year's presidential candidates.

Hear an extended version on our newest album, What to Expect When You're Electing (2016).


Week of September 5

Labor Day traditionally opens the serious home stretch for presidential campaigns, and the latest polls show that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are virtually tied as the most unfavorable candidates — ever. Right now, 60% of voters view both major party candidates unfavorably. That will change soon, of course. Once the remaining 40% start actually paying attention.


Week of August 29

What's another 15,000 e-mails recovered from the shredder on top of the 30,000 e-mails you could already read online? Is FBI Director James Comey going to change his mind about not bringing charges? Probably not.


Week of August 22

Liberals who once supported Bernie Sanders were disappointed when he didn't win the nomination, then disappointed again when the V.P. slot didn't go to Bernie (or someone even bolder).


Week of August 15

Vice presidential candidate Mike Pence once published an essay to apologize and repent for his own negative campaigning. He wrote that "a campaign ought to demonstrate the basic human decency of the candidate." How's that working for you, Mike? Gov. Pence is now out defending Donald Trump's claims about Hillary, Obama and ISIS, and generally trying to stay on the same page as his running mate. He's also keeping his fingers crossed.


Week of August 8

Donald Trump received the Purple Heart last week, for wounds to his ego during a vicious attack. To even suggest he didn't deserve it would be very, very unfair! But watch out, Donald. If you get two more Purple Hearts, that's when the big guns start firing. Just ask John Kerry.

From our album Four More Years in the Bush Leagues (2005).


Week of August 1

Hillary Clinton reminded the nation last week, during her convention speech, that "It Takes a Village." We know. We were there.

From our classic album First Lady and the Tramp (1999).